Disability Employment Services providers offer a range of services to support your individual needs, including:
- help to prepare for work, including training in specific job skills
- job search support, such as résumé development, training in interview skills, and help in looking for suitable jobs
- support when initially placed into a job, including on the job training and coworker and employer support
- ongoing support in a job if required
- the purchase of vocational training and other employment-related assistance
- access to help with workplace modifications, support services, and Auslan interpreting in the workplace
There are 2 types of Disability Employment Services:
Disability Management Service (DMS)
This service is for people with disability, illness, or injury who need the help of an employment service but do not expect to need long-term support in the workplace.
Employment Support Service (DES)
This service is for people with a permanent disability and with an assessed need for longer term, regular, ongoing support in the workplace.
Coffs Area Contacts: